Since we couldn’t fit all 100 of our favorite things into one blog post, we decided to give you a double dose! Cheers to the second 50 of our 100 favorite things!
51. Warm days.
52. Spanish Moss.
53. Fun & hilarious toasts! Photo by Jennifer Bearden.
56. Kings Tables. These bad boys always bring a sense of old-time regal-ness to each event!
57. Embracing Cultural Traditions. We enjoyed learning so much about Greek Wedding traditions last year in preparation for Tammy & John’s May wedding. Photo by Clay Austin Photography.
58. Burwell’s. They are one of our favorite places for after parties!
59. Innovative Event Services. They always go beyond our expectations to make our lighting dreams come true!
60. Teamwork among vendors. A perfect example of this is one of our August 2014 weddings. It was (literally) the hottest day of the year, and we had to do an entire tent flip at Lowndes Grove. Snyder and Eventworks worked so well together to make sure everything was done in a speedy and efficient manner! You guys rock!
62. Cru Catering
63. Boat & Beach Days. Even though they may seem oh so far away on frigid days like today, they’ll be back before we know it!
66. Meghan Trainor- Your Lips Are Moving. Its another one of our office jams!
67. Meeting new people.
68. Intimate Rehearsal Dinners.
70. Wine and Cheese. Ali, owner and lead planner of A.Caldwell Events, loves to enjoy a nice glass of red wine and a cheese plate with friends. One of her favorite Charleston spots is Opal.
71. College of Charleston-Go Cougars! All three of our team members are C of C grads, so we love to show our school pride!
72. Hearing great proposal and engagement stories. We have yet to find one that tops Steve’s proposal to Annie- check out the video here.
74. Meeting new people.
75. New & Unique Wedding Venues. We’re super excited about the opening of The Gadsden House later in 2015!
76. Painting and Sewing projects complete with our favorite Pandora radio station: Hip Hop BBQ. If you haven’t tried it yet, give it a whirl!
77. College Traditions. Alex had all of her Alpha Delta Pi bridesmaids attach their pledge pins to her bouquet for good luck. Photo by Jennifer Bearden.
78. Southern Hospitality.
79. Meeting with clients visiting Charleston for the first time. We love showing off our beloved city to new visitors!
80. A good brainstorming session.
81. Weddings that embrace the season. Kristen chose to tastefully embrace the holidays at her December wedding. Her flowers included pieces of Christmas tree greenery and even mistletoe. Arrangements by Tiger Lily Weddings. Photo by Reese Moore.
82. Giving Back. We are so blessed to live and work in Charleston, but we never forget that some are not as fortunate. We like to give back through a few of our favorite foundations like Crisis Ministries and Carolina Youth Development Center.
84. Charleston Sunrises and Sunsets.
85. Lounges. Mrs. Pierson’s lounges were perfectly comfortable, yet chic. Photo by Jennifer Bearden.
86. Great Wedding Party Attire. We love when brides and grooms outfit their attendants in sharp dresses and suits.
87. First Dances.
89. Cakes. Our favorites come from Ashley Bakery!
90. The look on the groom’s face as the bride comes down the aisle.
92. Favors that your guests will enjoy. We always recommend a sweet or savory treat at the end of a wedding rather than something with the bride and groom’s name on it. Because, let’s be honest, as much as your guests love you, they probably don’t want to stock their cabinets with wine glasses that say “Ryan & Julie Forever.”
93. Flower Halos. We’re dying for one of our brides to rock this bohemian look! It is quite possibly our favorite wedding trend!
94. Dusty Miller. This might be our favorite of all of the ways to add a little oomph to your flowers. The soft greenish gray color and fuzzy texture add an extra dimension to flowers, while also softening them. Bouquets by Tiger Lily Weddings. Photo by Caroline for Juliet Elizabeth Photography.
95. Black Tie Affairs.
96. Romantic Tablescapes. Photo by Juliet Elizabeth Photography.
97. Lighting that sets the mood.
98. Unique place cards and escort cards. We’ve had brides use everything from fruit to jingles bells, and we love it!
99. Fun Engagement Sessions. You can’t beat this fun, rainy day session from Aaron & Jillian Photography!
100. Charleston. Simply Charleston. Where would we be without our love of Charleston and our desire to show off this beautiful, romantic city to people from all over the world? We are so grateful to live in a place that encompasses beauty, history, romanticism, forward thinking, and much, much more.